Výzkumný Ústav Železniční, a.s. (VUZ) newly provides services in the field of rationalization of production, maintenance, logistic or administrative processes with the aim to increase process productivity and efficiency, improve workplace safety and reduce costs.
The services offered have the following structure and content.
- Basic analysis of production and production-related processes
- Quick information on the state of production
- Identification of weaknesses and bottlenecks
- Recommendations on where to focus further activities and projects
Work Process Analysis:
- Work analysis and measurement
- Workplace analysis
- Material and information flow analysis
Rationalization and Standardization Using Lean Production Tools:
- Detection and elimination of wastage and losses
- Reduction of unnecessary costs
- Reduction of process lead times
- Focus on added value
- Streamlining of processes and process flows
- Standardization of work
- Workplace Safety Improvement
Improving workplace safety is a natural part of rationalization. It includes mainly:
- Workplace visualization
- Implementation of corrective measures
- Risk prevention
- Near misses
The services are mainly offered to companies in the railway segment, but also in other industries such as engineering.
The service includes both direct implementation of projects aimed at rationalization and improvement, and consultancy in order to set up lean production principles leading to continuous improvement.
The Key Tools Applied in Project Implementation:
- Work analysis and standardization
- 5S, TPM, visual management
- Shop floor management
- Workplace layout optimization
- Material and information flow analysis and optimization
- Process standardization